Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It All Started with a Dish!

A plate to be exact. And not even a real plate. A dresden plate. I hadn't ever made one, but after seeing a fantastic dresden plate at my quilt guild, I had to try one. And since I won some FANTASTIC fabric from Shari, I figured I ought to put it to good use. So I made my first dresden. And it was easy. And I loved it! But I couldn't stop there...

It turned into a whole quilt. I had to use up the remainder of the jelly roll. So I made a strip quilt. A girly strip quilt. I don't have any girls though. And I quilted it in an allover loopy pattern. It's my favorite go-to, quick quilting pattern.






A few of my favorite details. Loved these cute owls! There are also some cute-as-can-be skunks and a frog I would happily kiss to see if he's my prince! And I love the texture of the linen, I just wish it was easier to quilt with and didn't stretch soooo much!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment