Sunday, July 17, 2011

Welcome to the Land of Believe

We own big cats, an elephant, a couple of squirrels, rabbits and horses. Well, my sons do anyway. And only in their imagination. You see, they believe anything is possible, even the impossible. "Can't" isn't a word they use. You know what else?

They believe everything I make is beautiful.

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? So if they can believe it, so can I. And I will try to find the beauty in everything I make. So, on to the making...


When I saw Anna's Ringo Pie block for July, it spoke to me (okay, so maybe all it said was, I'm way too complicated and you can't make anything like me...EVER). I had to give it a shot. But, since I knew the words it said were true, it was awfully complicated for a girl like me, who hasn't ever drafted a pattern or created my own circles, I simplified it a little.

And my points turned out perfectly! Hurray for paper piecing. And it lays flat-a huge surprise!

And yes, I know that I did something wrong. A cut lemon DOES NOT have a yellow rind at the top. But guess what!? I like that little bit of sunshine on the top of the lemon (and I'm really lazy and didn't want to unpick it after I'd already finished the whole thing).

Now, what to do with it...



No comments:

Post a Comment