Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Swoon

I almost gave up on this block (although technically I can't). There are A LOT of fussy points. It's all half square triangles (which I detest) and flying geese (not nearly as many of these, the ones I happen to like). I got some of my points perfect, more than I would have guessed, which made me immensely happy, but the block is far from perfect. The block's saving grace is that it's huge, not just large, but HUGE. You could add a border and make it a baby quilt. Well, maybe not that big, but close. The thing measures 24". It's big. I think I like it. There's a lot of cutting, less waste than I anticipated, and it is pretty. I can't wait to see it in other color combinations. It took me about 3 1/2 hours, which seemed like for.ev.er, but my mil assures me is actually quite quick.


My cousin and I are making the quilt for our grandma for Christmas. We're splitting the block making (thank heavens), so I've only got 4 more to go! Wish me luck!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment